The Transformation: My Life Before and After Psychedelics
Today, I’m going to share something deeply personal – a unique journey through emotional enlightenment, psychedelics, and self-discovery. More specifically, I’d like to delve into a comparison of my life before and after taking “mind-altering” psychedelic substances in therapeutic settings.
The Emotional Abyss: Life before Psychedelics
First, let’s start with a snapshot of who I was before this voyage of psychedelic assisted self-discovery: a person seemingly at odds with their own emotions.
– I remember wanting my emotions to disappear. My relationship with them was essentially non-existent, built on the ill-conceived foundation of suppression.
– The eventual relapse was turbulent. When these emotions did finally surface, they were overwhelming – a tumultuous wave of high-intensity feelings that I was ill-equipped to handle.
– To say my comprehension of myself was scanty would be an understatement. My understanding of the world felt weak and nebulous.
– I was angry at the world, a symptom of my deep-seated feeling of alienation and not belonging. I felt like a misfit- unable to find my place in a world I barely understood.
I was also struggling with depression: a looming cloud of sadness and hopelessness that permeated every aspect of my life.
This was my reality before psychedelics, a harsh echo of despair that was hard to escape from.
“Depression is the inability to construct a future.” – Rollo May
Life After Psychedelics and Psychedelic Assisted Therapy
In stark contrast lies the illuminating transformative journey that began with my introduction to psychedelics and psychedelic assisted therapy. My resistance towards my emotions melted away and was replaced with a profound understanding and acceptance of who I am and how I fit into this world.
– The resentment and the anger phased out. The world was no longer an intimidating place – I was able to build deep connections and for the first time in my life I feel like a truly belong to this earth.
– I nurtured the relationship to my emotions, learning to master and understand them. Instead of being ruled by them, I now know how to feel them, enriching each moment with a newfound guidance.
– Most importantly, I emerged from the grip of depression. Today, I am free from the debilitating chains of those blues.
My journey with psychedelics was complemented beautifully with inner child work- the process of contacting, understanding, embracing and healing your inner child.
The Psychedelic Renaissance
Let’s pause and reflect on the implications of this transformation. It’s a potent testimony to the surging interest in psychedelic substances as a tool for mental health and personal growth.
Prominent organizations like MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies) are championing the psychedelic cause, illuminating the possible benefits of these substances on our emotional and mental health.
Sparked by Psychedelics
Change is the only constant, they say. And for me, this remarkable journey from emotional suppression to liberation was sparked by psychedelics. But remember, it’s crucial to approach the use of psychedelics with respect and due diligence- it’s not a magical quick fix, but a tool that can facilitate profound self-discovery and healing when used responsibly.
As I continue my journey, I’m embracing this emotional balance, constantly reminding myself of the catharsis and enlightenment that sprung from my psychedelic experience.